Dates: from 16 Feb 2021 to 01 Apr 2021
Term 1 art classes & after-school care for children who like to make, create and invent. Located in Raumati, Paraparaumu - Kapiti.
For ages 5-13 on Tues, Wed and Thurs. The kid's art classes are from 3.30 - 5pm, however children can arrive from 3pm onwards. There is a late-stay option until 6.30pm.
- Tuesdays - Drawing and Painting
- Wednesday - Clay & Sculpture
- Thursday - Paint, Print & Sew
- Qualified primary teacher and artist
- 15 years' experience teaching art to primary-aged children
- Progressive teaching methods
- Lessons based on traditional and modern arts/crafts, developing skills & creativity
- Structured, but in a home-studio setting
- Daily or weekly themes
- A child-friendly, relaxed environment for after-school
- Lots of variety / choice
- Excellent resources
The classes provide an opportunity to play and experiment in a structured but caring, home-studio environment.
Activities are designed and supervised by an experienced primary school teacher and artist.
To meet the needs of active and curious children after school we explore a variety of crafts such as sewing, crochet, pottery, felting, weaving, jewellery and woodwork; and the art forms: painting, drawing, sculpting and printmaking.
The activities utilise a child's growing mathematical skills such as estimating, measuring, scaling up & down, changing 2D to 3D, exploring symmetry, and pattern-making. Natural sciences, such as chemistry, biology, geology and physics are included, as well as history and culture.
See the creativekids website. Phone Helen with any questions.